Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taking Inventory

Gender: Female
Age: 40
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 255

Well, at least I think that's how much I weigh. We threw out our scales last year when the plastic over the needle / number part broke and the scale seemed to be calibrated incorrectly.

I don't really need a scale to tell me that I'm overweight, fat, obese. I've known that for awhile. I've also known that pretty much none of my clothes fit, and if they actually do, they are sorry excuses for professional work clothes and general public appearances.

I could list all the excuses for gaining so much weight and I could list all the excuses that I have for not losing it. But I suspect it would read like any other overweight person's list: had a baby, freshman 15 turned into 50, getting older, less active job, not enough time to exercise, and on and on.

I only have this day forward and one life to live and I'm worried that I'm not going to make it to be an octogenarian if I don't get healthy.

I can't make promises that I will never, ever eat another bowl of ice cream again, but from this day forward, I'm determined to be healthier!

Ice Cream of the Day: Breyer's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream (1/2 cup = 180 calories, 9g of fat)

No comments:

Post a Comment