Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cleaning Out My Closet

The title would indicate that I have actually taken the time to wade through the many different sweaters, t-shirts, pants, shirts, work clothes, Sunday dresses, formal wear that hang in my closet. No, I'm merely imagining taking the time to go through the well-worn and new-with-tag clothing that absolutely does not fit.

I know I should really toss all those items of clothing that don't fit.

Why even try to fool myself into thinking that I will ever fit into that size 12 crimson red dress with the velvet collar -- okay, why would I want to even wear that dress, now? -- when I haven't seen a size 12 in, oh, 18 years! Why am I hanging on to those clothes that just don't fit, especially the pieces -- okay, pretty much everything -- that is TOO SMALL?!

It's probably the same reason that I hang on to papers and books and collectibles. I've got a clutter problem that translates into a decision-making problem that has some deep seated roots that maybe have to do with my mother....no, that's a whole nother blog entry.

I like to think that those smaller clothes are my inspiration to be healthier; that yes, I'll one day fit back into them. But more and more I think they are holding me back from actually losing the weight. I can't quite explain it.

I can't bring myself to box them up and take them to my favorite thrift store, but I think they need to be packed up and put away. I think I'll be cleaning my closet this weekend....

Ice Cream of the Day: Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche (1/2 cup = 290 calories, 17g fat)

No comments:

Post a Comment